Sunday 18 March 2012

Episode 3 - Chapter 61


Robert and Oak quickly searched the living room, looking under the furniture, in the cupboards and drawers, behind the television. Once they were satisfied there was no danger, they made their way into the hall.

“We do each room together,” I heard Robert say as they departed. Oak grunted in agreement.

Kneeling by my husband, I asked how he felt.

“Bloody sore,” he replied. “And my dignity's taken a knock as well.”

“Hush now,” I said, “Your dignity is fine.”

“Well then,” he looked at me, “You better tell me what's going on. I've seen that face before, you're up to something. And where's Fiona?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.