Monday 12 November 2012

Episode 5 - Chapter 69


 In one fluid motion the man's body cuts past the captain, forcing him to stumble and release Fiona for a moment. The man catches her arm and twirls her into his, waltzing her back into the dance without missing a step.

“I am acquainted with every variety of flower in my father's kingdom,” he says, “Yet I am not acquainted with you.”

“No,” she giggles, smiling, “No you're not.”

He is very handsome, she thinks, in that noble kind of way. Square jawed, solid cheek bones, deep blue eyes.

“Should I summon a burgomeister to make formal introduction?”

“No need,” she laughs, “I'm Fiona. Your father's kingdom?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.