Friday 6 December 2013

Eighth Interlude - Part Six

“What do you mean you don't know?” the first voice rumbles, “You must know, you were there, you witnessed it all.”

“I know, I know,” she whines in distress, “But I don't know what it was that I saw.”

“Then let us take it step by step,” the second voice reverberates through her, “Start with your arrival at the plant.”

“Why?” she demands, “Why should I tell you? I don't know who you are.”

“We're on your side,” the first voice grinds, sounding surprisingly reassuring. “If it helps, try to think of us as auditors. It is our job to find out what went wrong, if proper protocols were adhered to, if anybody acted beyond their proper authority...”

“You mean you're here to see if it was my fault?” Disgust shivers through her whole body, a bad taste leaking into her mouth.

“That is within our remit,” the second voice tells her without comfort, “But that is not our purpose, or the sole extent or our role.”


“So,” the first voice continues, “When you arrived at the plant, what did you see?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.