Tuesday 10 December 2013

Eighth Interlude - Part Ten

“Did you speak to this Chief Executive?” One of the hooded figures asks, Castor isn't sure which one.

“I tried,” she replies, “But his only response was to sing louder, to drown out my words.”

“And what conclusions did you draw from this meeting?” Both hoods turn towards her, leaning forward.

“To be honest, I wasn't sure of anything at that point,” she says. “Something had...” she pauses, unsure about what she'll say next. “I was starting to believe that something had crossed over, as ridiculous as that sounds. That something from the Weave was manifesting in the Warp. I thought it had control of the CE, but only insofar as it could absent his conscious mind. But I didn't think it was still in him.”

“Where did you think it was?” Both hoods lean closer still, making her feel quite claustrophobic.

“I still wasn't sure,” she replies, gently pushing her chair backwards to create more breathing room. “So I tried to contact the Central Energy Authority.”

“And their response?”


“That there was nothing to be concerned about, everything was going according to schedule.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.