Saturday 30 November 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 100

 They think me stupid. They think me a fool. They say I'm out of touch with the modern era.

Ha. Let them think that. Let them see me as some derelict grandpa, sitting in his rocker, half off his rocker, spittle dripping from chin. Let them chase after their shiny new things. The important things don't change, no matter how many gadgets they have.

Human nature. That don't change, whether you've got an app for that or you beat it with a stick, it is what it is. Selfish, greedy, venal. Oh, the odd individual comes along and makes them look noble, let's them think they're noble, but deep down there's a different truth.

The Forest. That don't change either. Doesn't have the power to reason, just acts on blind instinct.


They think I'd pursue my quarry with giant pens and sentient landscapes? How little they've learned. Distractions. All distractions. There's only one way to hunt anything. Find out where your quarry is going and get there first.
Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.