Sunday 10 November 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 80

 “It seems to me,” my husband began, “That there's a lot of waiting around in this game. And a lot more not knowing what the blazes is going on.”

“Believe me when I tell you,” Oak replied sternly, “That this is no game. Maintaining the balance between the Warp and the Weave is a very serious matter. So serious, in fact, that the wrong action could be far more disastrous than mere inaction.”

“Oh I get that,” Edward told him, “But you must find it very frustrating, hanging around, waiting, feeling like you've been left in the dark.”


“Edward, my dear fellow,” Oak smiled, “You should not presume to think I am like you. By which I mean your species. I am old, older than I think you can truly comprehend. Your entire lives are lived in the equivalent of a blink of my eye. Patience, waiting, these are not such bad things.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.