Wednesday 20 November 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 90

 “What do you do the rest of the time?” I asked Oak.

“I'm sorry,” he replied, “I'm not sure I understand your question. What rest of the time.”

“When you're not running around, serving the Forest,” I said, “Keeping this precious balance of yours, What do you do then?”

“What do I do?” Oak pondered, a curious frown danced across his forehead. “I think you may have misunderstood...well, what we agents are, what our nature is.”

“Oh yes?” I inquired, “How's that then.”


“This,” he said, extending his arms, “This body, it does not exist unless I am serving the Forest. I am not some random tree made flesh. I am Oak, I am every tree of that genus, and I am none of them. When I am not here I am forests, breathing the seasons. I simply am.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.