Friday 2 August 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 96

Raven leads the girl through the complex series of tunnels, passage ways and stair wells that separate the dungeon from the ball room. They're almost at their destination when the girl stops dead in her tracks and Raven realises she's shivering with fear.

Please sir,” she pleads, her voice quivering, “What's going to happen to me?”

Don't be afraid,” he replies, his voice as soothing as he can manage, “In a few moments I shall present you to the court and from then on, I'm pretty sure your life will be charmed.”

I'm just a simple farm girl,” she tells him, “I don't know a thing about court life. How will I know what to do?”


I'll tell you a little secret,” he says with a wink. “Nobody really knows what to do, they make it up as they go along. Do what feels right. And always remember the farm girl you were, royal courts love that kind of humility.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.