Sunday 18 August 2013

Seventh Interlude - Part Twelve

“I win,” Fox shouts, jumping to his feet to perform an odd sort of shuffling dance. “I win! I win! I win!”

“Calm down Vulps,” Tulip says languidly, “It's not that much of a victory is it?”

“But I win,” Fox replies shuffling sideways, “No matter what you say, a win is a win is a win.”

“Win what?” Brock asks, now even more confused.

“I said it'd be one of the Weasels, and here you are. I win!”

“One of the Weasels?” Brock realises he's getting more lost with every word that's said.

“We had a wager,” Wren tells him, “To pass the time more than anything. What kind of agent would the Forest send next.”

“And I said it'd be one of the Weasels,” Fox declares, still dancing, “Badger is a kind of Weasel. Here you are. So I win.”


“Win or not,” Tulip snaps, “We're still trapped here.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.