Monday 7 April 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 92

 Robert's body convulsed once, twice, great spasms whipping through his chest and limbs. Raven paused, watching, as my son's eyes snapped open to reveal his panic. He sat bolt upright, wheezing violently, fingers clawing at his neck and throat.

Raven grabbed his hands before they could do any damage, using them as leverage to shake Robert's body. “Just breath,” he shouted, but all to little effect. Robert's head turned left and right in panic as he tried to gulp air.

“Do something,” my wife shouted at Raven, “For god's sake help him.”


That's when I noticed Fiona's body twitching as shuddering retches rolled through her, a trickle of bile escaping the corner of her mouth. I took a step toward her, kneeling down to rub her back. “There, there, girl,” I said as gently as I could, “Try to take it easy.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.