Friday 11 April 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 96

 My wife tended to our son while Raven crouched by Fiona, talking to her recumbent body in a slow steady voice.

“I know you can hear me,” he said, “It's not far now. Keep listening to me, keep following my voice. Whatever else you can hear, that's not real. That's the Weave trying to keep a hold on you.”

Her head turned slightly, eyebrows raised above closed eyed, a low moan escaping her lips. It was the most human sound she'd made.

“Whatever you can see,” Raven continued, insistent, “That's not real. It's not really there, just a figment of the Weave trying to distract you.”

Fiona moaned again, her left arm moving, bringing the back of her hand to her brow.

“You're nearly there,” Raven told her, “Not far now. Keep following my voice.”


Even as he spoke, I found myself gasping with shock as a very short chap, a dwarf of some kind I think, wandered blithely into the living room.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.