Thursday 10 April 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 95

 Robert was sat there, bent over double, his body seized by fits of coughing. I crouched beside him, rubbing his back, trying to get him to relax. “It's okay,” I muttered gently by his ear, “You're back now. Just take it easy while you recover.”

My husband was bending over Fiona. She was lying on her side, mouth open, her body convulsing with dry retches. Raven stepped over to join them, kneeling by Fiona's head.

“Can you hear me girl?” he asked her, reaching forward to raise her eyelids. He examined her pupils for a moment or two, frowned, the seemed to reach some sort of decision.


“You're nearly there, Fiona,” he said loudly, “Just listen to my voice. Can you hear me?” He paused to study her, waiting for a response. Her fingers twitched, which seemed to satisfy him. “That's it,” he continued, “Follow my voice, we'll have you back in the Warp in no time at all.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.