Thursday 5 July 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 56


“What kind of a price?” Raven asks. “I have nothing of value, nor the influence to achieve or obtain anything you might want.”

Nan cackles again. “Oh you've influence, sure enough. But old Nan doesn't want for a thing, not right now.” She leans towards him. “One day, old Nan might need a favour,” she whispers. “Say you'll grant it when that time comes.”

Raven takes a moment to consider the consequences before reluctantly replying “I can make no guarantees, but I give you my word I will do all that I can in your cause.”

“Coming from you, that'll do for old Nan. Off you go then, 'n' be quick about it.” Old Nan licks her lips. “There's young 'uns nearby, 'n' old Nan can smell their hunger.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.