Monday 9 July 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 60


My wife got a bit irate when Oak implied he didn't believe our account of events.

“Mister Oak!” she exclaimed, “what possible reason could there be for us to lie about the things that have happened? What could we ever hope to achieve? How would we even know what to make up. When I woke up this morning, the only thought in my head was that my son was coming for lunch and how lovely that would be.”

I could see she was on the brink of tears, so I reached over and put my hand on her knee. She placed her hand on mine and gently squeezed.

“I'm sorry to have upset you,” Oak told her, “but the nature of my role means that I can never accept an account without evidence to prove it so.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.