Tuesday 17 July 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 68


“How old were you?” The voice of Tom asks.

“I was nine.”

“What was it like, being nine? What was going on when you were nine? What about your brother?”

“If I was nine then James was six. Hey, that's right, I'm starting to remember. James got really sick that year. He had some kind of muscular disease, he was in and out of hospital all the time. I remember Mum and Dad being very worried about him. I remember Dad taking me for a walk one day. We sat by a river. Dad told me we had to make the most of the time we got with James. He said he and Mum might seem like they were giving him more love than me, but they loved me just as much.” Robert pauses. “He said they needed to make him stronger.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.