Wednesday 24 October 2012

Episode 5 - Chapter 50


 “So what are you going to do?” I asked.

“For now,” Oak replied, “Nothing.”

“Nothing?” Mary exclaimed, “You can't just do nothing.”

“I believe,” he turned his gaze to her, “That doing nothing right now is the best course of action.”

“With God knows what in the cellar?” Mary seemed quite flustered by this.

“I have a sense of a game being played,” he continued.

A game?” I asked.

“Yes, a game,” he replied. “At the moment, I am unsure if we are the players, the audience or the pieces. Until I know more, caution is the best road. Until I know more, the most cautious thing I can nothing.”

“So we just have to put up with it rumbling away?” Mary asked.
   
Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.