Thursday 16 January 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 11

....I am every tree of that genus, and I am none of them. When I am not here I am forests, breathing the seasons. I simply am.”

Oak finished speaking and....well, just for a moment, it felt as if the world was holding its' breath.

I'm not sure that makes things any clearer,” my husband said, and the tension shattered around us, “But thanks for trying to put me right.”

Oak bowed his head and shook it, trying to bring his hands to his cheeks as if to wipe away sleep, but the washing line held him fast. “Homo Sapiens,” he muttered to himself, “It's a wonder they...” his words trailed into a mumble and I couldn't catch the rest.


We sat in uncomfortable silence for a while, Edward and I sipping at our tea, Oak seemingly just staring into the distance, regardless of the wall right in front of him. It was only when the creaking started that he stirred at all.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.