Tuesday 21 January 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 16

Mary charged out of the living room and into the kitchen, determination etched in her eyes and jaw. “Right,” I heard her say before she slammed the door behind her.

You've got to help me,” Oak hissed under his breath once she was gone.

What?” I replied, shocked by his tone.

Shhh,” he admonished me, “You can't let her hear.”

Why not?” I whispered back, “She's my wife.”

Right now, I'm not so sure of that,” he replied. At that moment two more thudding noises could be heard upstairs. Both of us flicked a glance at the ceiling then returned to each other.

What?” I asked again, no longer whispering. “What do you mean?”

From the kitchen I could hear the banging of various cupboard doors and drawers being opened and slammed shut.


Whatever's going on,” Oak whispered, “I suspect your wife is no longer in full control of her senses.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.