Thursday 23 January 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 18

Good god man,” I hissed at Oak in shock, “Whatever can you mean?”

My wife, meanwhile, continued with her ruckus in the kitchen.

Just listen to her,” Oak whispered back, “Does that sound like her usual behaviour?”

More noises clumped above us, causing us both to pause and stare.

Well, no,” I said as the moment passed. “But this isn't exactly what you'd call a normal situation.”

Exactly,” Oak replied, “Even for the Forest there is something....new....happening here.”

Above us, the clumping got louder, steadier, as if something were making its' way toward the stairs.


I was about to ask him what he meant by that when the kitchen door was thrown open. There stood my wife, framed by the doorway, a murderous look in her eye and the bread knife gripped tight in her right fist.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.