Sunday 19 January 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 14

What is that?” my wife demanded of Oak. “What's up there?”

She had a look in her eye I've never seen before, or at least if I had, it had never seemed quite so....well, deranged is the word I'd use.

I'd tell her if I were you,” I said, “There's no telling what she might do now.”

I have to say that by this point I was genuinely worried about Mary, about what she would do next. That look, that really was something new, something I'd never seen in her before. She was never one for rational thinking, not at the best of times. But now it seemed as if the events of the previous twenty-four hours had pushed her over the edge.

A third thumping sound came from the top of the stairs, this one louder, quickly followed by loud creaking, as if the whole house were contracting in a sudden blast of cold.


I can assure you both,” Oak said, his eyes flashing to the ceiling then back to Mary, “That has nothing to do with myself. Or the Forest. Now cut me free, and we'll face it together.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.