Sunday 20 May 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 10


So there the five of us were, sat in our living room, as the evening drew in. Fiona and Robert were, well, I suppose you'd have to call it asleep, though both were absolutely still. From looking at them you might have thought they were dead. Oak paced, in a rather irritating manner if you ask me, while my husband stared at Robert's body slumped in an armchair. Every so often he nibbled his lower lip. My husband that is, he does that when he's very worried.

“Will he be okay?” I asked Oak, nodding towards my son.

“I have armed him with what information I have,” he replied, “I'm sure he will manage if he keeps his wits.”

“So,” I said, “What happens now?”

Oak stopped pacing and looked at me darkly. “Nothing,” he told me. “Nothing happens now. Now we wait.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.