Monday 7 May 2012

Third Interlude - Part Eleven


“We have a user name,” Fox tells Beech, ignoring Ms Firnley yet again. “I'm sure we'll be able to trace the initial imbalance with that.”

“Why children I wonder? Surely adult minds would have been more effective.”

“I believe they've chosen juvenile minds” Fox replies “because they are so much more open to wonder, less encumbered by scepticism, less rooted in the Warp.”

“What does 'rooted in the Warp' mean?” Ms Firnley asks. “Is that some new Ofsted jargon?”

“And your thoughts on restoring the balance here?” Beech asks.

“I did some poking around while I was waiting for your arrival” Fox tells him. “I looked at reverse programming, but they're working at a very fast pace. I'm not sure we'd have enough time before they complete whatever it is they're working on. The prospect of that happening leads me to believe that structural alterations are the surest way of restoring balance.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.