Wednesday 30 May 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 20


“Wait?” My wife asked. “Wait for what?”

“For something to happen,” Oak told her, “Or for the dawn to come.”

“Is there nothing else we can do?” I inquired.

“Such as what?” Oak continued his pacing. “If something happens we will address it when it does. If there is another manifestation, that will be the time for action. Right now, there is nothing we can do.”

“But...”

“But nothing,” Oak cut Mary short. “There are no buts. I have given my word that I will wait until dawn. That is what I shall do.”

“Well then,” said Mary, “If we're in for a long night of nothing, I'm going to prepare us all a little refreshment.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.