Friday 5 April 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 98


“Wont let me do what?” Oak asked, eyeing the cats warily.

“Whatever it is you were going to do,” I replied. “Wake my son, prepare for an evacuation.”

“Whatever is going to happen,” Oak said sternly, “Will happen whether we evacuate or not. Tying me up will not change that. Events are in progress, they cannot be stopped.”

“Mary,” my husband implored as he returned, “You're not being rational.”

“No,” she said, and pointed at Robert's sleeping body, “None of this is rational, but our son has gone to get help, we have to make sure he has enough time.”

“There is no more time,” Oak warned, “What has to be done, is being done.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.