Saturday 6 April 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 99


“It is not I who will suffer, if you persist with your current course of action,” Oak said. “If this body perishes, I will return to the safety of the forests of this world. Can you make the same claim?”

“He's right, you know,” I said to her. “If they're going to do something...” I hesitated for a moment, then addressed him. “What are they going to do?”

“The Council have decided this whole area is infected,” Oak replied, “It needs to be cleansed.”

Both cats hissed at him again.

“What does that mean?” I asked, my blood suddenly running cold.

“There is a dam,” he said, “A few miles north of here. Flash floods will lead to landslides, the dam will crack and everything in the path of that deluge will be washed away, causing the Weave to loose its grip on this part of the Warp.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.