Tuesday 16 April 2013

Sixth Interlude - Part Nine


Captain Briggs is taken aback by the insolence he perceives in Phoebe's wink.

“What problem?” he demands, “You think you can summon the winds? Preposterous. How did you get on my boat, wench?”

She looks him in the eye with a gaze he finds unnerving. “I'd be careful just who I called wench,” she says. “Today I'm here to help, but you might find I bring ill fortune were I to visit again.”

The Captain presses the knife deeper into her neck. “Was that a threat?”

“Call it a consideration. I'm the only thing that stands between you and almost certain death.” Her eyes flick in the direction of the knife. “Your hospitality skills seem to be somewhat deficient.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.