Monday 22 April 2013

Sixth Interlude - Part Fifteen


“My ship is becalmed,” the Captain begins in apoplexy, “And late to port, my crew are being lured to their certain deaths by some watery witch and you're telling me that my problem is my cargo?”

“It's not the whole problem,” Phoebe replies, “But it does lie at the heart of things.”

“You'd best be explaining yourself,” the Captain says, folding his arms with scepticism. “And none of your riddles mind.”

“Your cargo,” the girl begins, drawing a deep breath, “Is commercial alcohol, used for fortifying wines and such like, correct?”

Briggs nods with a grunt.

“Such alcohol is very intoxicating, even the fumes, and requires a particularly sturdy barrel for transportation. Correct?”

Again the Captain nods and grunts.

“Your cargo isn't in that type of barrel.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.