Wednesday 17 April 2013

Sixth Interlude - Part Ten


“How did you get on my boat?” The Captain demands again, keeping the knife at her throat.

“I have my ways and means,” she smiles, “Though I doubt you'd understand. Now are you going to let me help you or will you send me back to the Forest?”

“Back to the Forest?” he growls. “I have no time for riddles and nonsense, I will have answers.”

“Then stop this childish knife play,” she responds sternly. “It's not as if you can hurt me anyway. And I'm not overly fond of this body.”

“More riddles!” The Captain declares, stuffing the cloth back in her mouth. “Clap her in irons and put her in the brig,” he commands. “And make sure she's properly gagged,” he adds as the mate cuts her loose and leads her below deck.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.