Wednesday 10 April 2013

Sixth Interlude - Part Three


“What's he saying?” Captain Briggs demands.

“Let go of me,” Gotlieb shouts, “I must go to her! She wants me!”

“Go to who?” Briggs shouts as Gotlieb kicks his way free of his countrymen.

“I am coming my love,” he cries.

“Don't!” Briggs shouts, but too late.

“I am coming,” Gotlieb cries once more, before diving into the water and swimming away from the boat. Briggs races to the side of the boat.

“What the blazes are you doing?” he shouts at the swimmer. “We're in the middle of the Atlantic, God damn it, man.”
Gotlieb pays no attention, swimming strong and steadfast away from the ship. It's not long before he's out of sight.
That's when the Captain notices the singing is fading.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.