Thursday 16 May 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 18


“Worse!” Fiona exclaims. “You mean harm me?”

She looks at the bear. “Poor blind teddy,” it mumbles, only to be kicked by a guard in reply. It lets out a squawk of pain, causing Fiona to shout “Stop!”

The guard freezes, unable to move.

“And will someone answer that damn phone,” she says, “The noise is driving me spare.”

“What phone?” the Angel asks, licking his lips in delight. “I can't hear a phone.” He clicks his fingers at the guard, life and movement flooding back into his body. At the same moment the ringing stops.

“What is it you want with me?” Fiona asks, suddenly very wary.

“We'll get to that in due course,” the Angel replies, “But first I must deal with these useless specimens.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.