Saturday 8 June 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 41

“Promises, promises,” the Angel says, “As easily made, just as easily to broken.”

As he speaks, the Angel circles Larry, Curly and Mo, stood side by side, heads hung in shame. Watching his theatrics, Fiona sees him pull a long, thin moustache from his upper lip, twist it in his fingers before clicking them and the hair disappear.

“Take these three specimens,” he twirls on his heels, coming to a halt in a bend facing Fiona, “Or is it one specimen in three parts. To be honest I've never really understand how Mister Strauss works. Or doesn't.” He pirouettes away, to continue his circling. “Promised to serve my interests faithfully, keep you safe and OUT of trouble, until you were ready to see me.” The frown on his brow turned toward the three midgets makes a ballet of disgrace out of his little dance.

“Please,” Fiona implores, “Whatever has happened it was my fault, I did those things not them. As if three midgets could stop me doing anything. Once my mind is set there's no stopping me, just you ask my husband.”


“Hmmmm?” the Angel pauses, winking, “Maybe I will.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.