Wednesday 19 June 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 52

Why,” Tom asks, as he sparkles through shades of orange and yellow, “Is there a billboard sized portrait of your wife hanging over this ballroom?”

I don't know,” Robert replies absently, “But I've a mind to find out.”

He sidles over to the edge of the cheering crowd, gently tapping a middle aged woman on her arm.

Excuse me,” he says, “Sorry to bother you, but could you tell me who she is?”

You don't know?” the woman replies in astonishment.

No, sorry,” Robert apologises, shaking his head slightly.

You really don't know,” the woman presses him, seemingly unconvinced by his response. “Where have you been living for the past six months, in a cave?”

No,” Robert shakes his head, “But I am kind of new to this...realm.”


Well then, that explains that,” she says, folding her arms and nodding at the picture, “That, my dear, is the Intended, if the Prince can ever ruddy well find her.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.