Monday 17 June 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 50

The door thumped once more, the officer shouting “Police! Open up now!”

My husband and I stood frozen, staring at each other in indecision.

The door thumped for a third time, closely followed by the bell.

What do we do?” Edward whispered.

We heard the letterbox being pushed open. “Anybody home?” the officer shouted through it. “There's been an accident,” he continued, “This area isn't safe, you've got to evacuate.”

He thumped the door again. “Hello? Anybody home?”

Well?” Edward whispered again, but I shushed him with a finger to my lip and a harsh frown.

The letterbox snapped closed. “I don't think there's anyone in that one,” we heard the officer say, but he was moving away from the house. “There's a light on at the back, but that could be on a timer.”


That was when I realised I'd been holding my breath.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.