Saturday 15 June 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 48

Ring Ring....Ring Ring....Ring Ring

The phone continues to ring, its volume getting louder, closer.

You enjoy all this, don't you?” Fiona asks accusingly.

Mmmm?” the Angel replies, once again distracted. “Enjoy what?”

All these little games,” she says, “The never giving a straight answer, the little manipulations, the plots and the scheming.”

Well,” the Angel smiles, “It is my nature. A nature, I might add, given me by the minds of men.”

Ring Ring....Ring Ring....Ring Ring

Right then,” Fiona says with new purpose, “If you want my help, I want yours. Tell me how to get that phone.”

The Angel sighs with disappointment. “Very well then,” he says, “If the question is how do you answer a phone that isn't there?” He pauses for a moment, expectant.

Well?” Fiona demands.


Then the answer is simple: with your imagination.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.