Thursday 27 June 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 60

My wife stood slowly and crept across the carpet to gently twitch the curtains aside.

Well?” I asked.

They're leaving,” she replied, “It's just Ms Wright from number twelve left. They're bringing her wheel chair out now.”

What are we going to do?” I think my question was more rhetorical than anything else, but she responded nevertheless.

We wait,” she said, looking at Robert's slumbering body.

Wait?” I asked, somewhat flabbergasted, “Mary, terrible things are about to happen. How long can we wait?”

As long as we have to,” she said. “We have to have faith now. Faith in our son,” she was stood by him now, caressing his forehead, “Faith in his wife,” she looked at me directly, “In Raven.”


Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.