Tuesday 1 October 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 40

 I could hear my husband singing as he pottered in the kitchen. Despite everything that was happening, or maybe because of it, the sound of him brought a smile to my face. When I heard his “Boom tish,” I couldn't help myself.

“Daft old bugger,” I giggled to myself, which caused Oak to frown.

“I beg your pardon,” he said, “Is there something amusing you?”

“Oh don't mind me,” I replied, “It's just Edward chuntering in the kitchen.”

“Chuntering?” he enquired, frown deepening.

“Yes, chuntering,” I told him, “You know, talking rubbish to yourself.”

“That is not something I am familiar with,” he replied gravely. “Why would one do such a thing?”

“Sometimes you can't stop yourself,” I said, “And sometimes you're not even aware you're doing it.”


That's when we heard the thunder.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.