Monday 21 October 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 60

 It all happened so quickly. First the thunder, which felt like it rolled through the house, shaking the very foundations. It gave me quite the start, I can tell you. It had barely finished when we heard the sound of breaking glass in the kitchen, and my husband's profanity.

“Edward!” I shouted in admonishment, but it was more a reaction to my own surprise and shock than anything he'd said.

“Sorry,” he called back, “We've had a little accident. Cleaning it up now.”

I was about to reply when Oak's face caught my attention. He was rubbing his chin again, lost deep in thought.

“What is it?” I asked him, “Did the thunder mean something?”


“That was the Forest, giving new orders” he replied, “We are to stand down. Everything is on hold. We wait for Raven.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.