Sunday 20 October 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 59

 “I think a drinks cabinet would be nice,” Fiona says, “I could murder a gin and tonic right about now.”

“A scotch would suit me,” Robert adds.

For a moment Raven pauses, expectant, watching the rear chamber of the car. But no, nothing happens, and he turns his attention back to Robert.

“Anything else?” he asks.

“I'm sure there'd be ways to deter any pursuers,” Robert says, “You know, like scattering spikes behind us to burst tyres.”

Another light comes to life on the panel.

“And?” Raven asks.

“I don't know,” Robert replies, “I'll have to think about it.”

The car is moving very fast now, travelling out of the stomach cavern into what Raven presumes will be the intestines.


“Given that we've got all this fire power,” he says to Strauss, “Is there any reason we can't just blast our way out of here?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.