Thursday 22 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 11

Everything was just a blur. I was blinking repeatedly, trying to get my eyes to focus so I could see what was going on, but I think that just made them worse.

“Tinkerer....?” a new voice demanded. Except it wasn't really a voice as much as it was a sensation. Sure I heard the word, but more than that I felt it rumble through me, deep and resonant, coming up from the floor, through me legs, in the depths of my stomach.

Oak shrieked in surprise, and then there seemed to be a great commotion. Something big shot past me, faster than I could imagine, followed by strained grunting noises.

“Give me that,” Raven hissed through gritted teeth, followed by the sounds of laboured, struggling breaths. Before me I could just about make out two bodies, locked together. A loud thump was followed by the clatter of crockery smashing on the floor.

“Careful!” Mum's voice declared, then the sound of a slap, skin on skin, then nothing but heavy breathing.


“Now,” Raven said after a few moments, “Time for you to listen.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.