Friday 30 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 19

 “What utter poppycock,” Oak protested, “I've never heard such rubbish in all my years.”

I myself couldn't quite get over the sight of these three little men, all talking in unison, but only hearing the one voice. It made me feel a bit dizzy, to be honest.

“Let them finish,” Raven replied tersely, his patience obviously wearing a bit thin.

“I don't need to,” Oak responded, “This is not the time for fairy tales.”

“Maybe it is,” Raven said angrily, turning on him. “Maybe now is exactly the right time for listening to these fairy tales.” He paused to catch his breath. “This closed mind of yours,” he added, “It's no use to the Forest whatsoever.”

Meanwhile, the three midgets were doing something especially odd. One of them stood, bracing himself against the wall while a second climbed up him, to stand on his shoulders. They stayed like that for a moment, steadying themselves, then the third climbed up both of them. Before I could speak he put something on his head. Once more I stood aghast as some kind of silver liquid flowed down, covering all three of them until they disappeared inside some sort of hooded cape.


“If we may continue?” they asked from within their cowl.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.