Tuesday 27 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 16

“That's....khuh!....that's Strauss,” Fiona coughed, “He's....he's with me.”

“I see,” I said, looking at the dwarf brushing himself down, then at the one by the door, and finally the one crawling out from under Robert's chair. “What about these other two?”

“They're all....khuh!....khuh!....they're all Strauss,” she struggled to say. “They've got other....khuh!....other names.”

I wasn't sure how to respond to that, so I stayed silent. What surprised me most, I was beginning to find, was how readily I was able to accept all these strange goings on. There's a giant face in the living room wall. Okay. It belongs to a monk, lost for centuries in the imagination. Fine. Now there's a bunch of dwarves in your house, and they're all called Strauss. Whatever.

In all honesty, I think by that time I'd given up on anything making sense ever again.

“Have you taken leave of your senses, you daft old bird?” Oak leaned forward in his seat, looking accusingly at Raven. “Are you just going to let everything through?”


Raven sighed once more, his shoulders heavy with resignation. “Look around you, you daft old tree,” he said, “We're not in the Warp anymore!”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.