Wednesday 28 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 17

“Not in the.....?” I could hear Oak's voice, almost apoplectic with an odd mixture of confusion and frustration. Although my sight was beginning to clear, I still couldn't see him properly, but I could imagine his hard, round face getting redder and redder. “If we're not in the Warp,” he continued, “And this isn't the Weave. Tell me now, where the blazes are we?”

“I don't know,” Raven replied simply, “Somewhere new!”

“We're not in Kansas any more,” I chuckled to myself, but I kept my voice down. There was far too much tension in the room for stupid little jokes.

“Somewhere new?” Oak spat, “What do you mean, 'somewhere new'? There is no 'new'. What have you done, you stupid old bird?”

In reply, Raven just shrugged his shoulders.

On the far side of the room, the three midgets had gathered together, patting each other down, each checking the other two to make sure they were okay and intact.


“If we might be so bold,” they said in unison, the voice of Strauss deep and resonant with the weight of some authority, “We think we may be able to help answer your questions.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.