Sunday 25 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 14

Very gradually, my sight was coming back to me. I was beginning to be able to make out more than just shapes: I could see mum and dad, huddled together, staring at the wall. Oak too, I could make out, sat bolt upright on a chair. He looked, to me, like an attack dog ready to pounce at any second. Raven was out of my line of sight, but I could hear his voice behind me.

Then there was my wife, looking for all the world just like I felt: huddled over, chewed up and spat out. She was looking in Raven's direction, an uneasy mix of confusion and terror painted across her face. I tried to reach out to her, but her attention was trapped elsewhere. I think she was completely oblivious to everything but Raven.


Finally, there was the face in the wall, mouth closed with two short arms sticking out. At first I thought it must have eaten someone, which filled me with cold horror, but as I watched I saw those arms were trying to prise the lips open. I heard a grunt, a sound that came not only from the wall, but also from beneath my chair, and somewhere by the door. I would have looked round to find the source of those noises but I was transfixed by the sight of a head pushing between the lips to join its' arms.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.