Friday 16 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 5

“You heard me,” Oak barked once more, “Move away.” He pointed to the corner of the room with that bloody stick of his. “Over there,” he said, “All three of you.”

My wife stood up slowly, turning to face him, her hands raised in surrender. “Now Mister Oak,” she said, “You have to let us make sure the children are okay.” I couldn't believe how calm she seemed, her voice suggesting she was just changing her order with the milkman, not addressing some kind of supernatural lunatic.

Behind him the wall shimmered, tiny ripples beginning to emanate from its' centre. “On the contrary,” he said, quite smugly I thought, “I don't have to do anything. Now step back.” He gestured with that stick once more. “All of you, leave them alone.”

“Stop being such a bloody fool,” Raven commanded, “I've known saplings that would handle this situation better.”

“Quiet!” Oak snapped. “Stand back, keep your hands where I can see them, and shut up.”


The ripples in the wall behind him were getting a little more agitated by this point, as something like a dome seemed to be pushing its' way through.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.