Monday 19 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 8

“I'm not sure I like your tone,” Raven said to Oak, “What is it you're trying to suggest?”

“Nothing,” was Oak's reply, delivered, I swear, in a playful, sing-song voice. That stick remained pointing at the three of us. “You know,” he continued, “There are those who say you've gone soft. After your last waltz in the Weave, when you were defeated by....what was it now?”

“Does it matter?” Raven clearly wasn't amused by the conversation.

I myself was transfixed by the liquid wall behind Oak. Amidst the frenetic undulations and popping bubbles, what I'd first thought was a dome had started to look a little more elongated, and certainly part of something much bigger.

“We never really got to the bottom of that one, did we?” Oak asked, “The Mighty Corvus, the Great Leveller, defeated by ideas? It doesn't sound that likely, does it?”


At that moment Mary gasped, a sound full of recognition, and I could see why. Behind Oak, the shinning liquid wall was giving way to giant facial features as the face of the Nomad pushed through.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.