Thursday 15 May 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 4

I felt drunk.

Not 'had one too many' drunk, when the world feels a bit blurred and dizzy, but 'ten times over the limit' drunk, with the house spinning around me, coming in and out of focus, unable to even sit up properly. Part of that was a twisting feeling in the pit of my stomach, threatening to overwhelm me with convulsions and retching.

Mum was crouched beside me, stroking my forehead, which kind of helped until it didn't and I found myself coughing and retching all over again.

“What can we do for him?” she pleaded with Raven. I could see her face clearly, but the rest of her washed away, indistinct from the room.

“Give him time to recover,” Raven replied from somewhere behind me, his voice so clear and strong, a fixed point in the room's turbulence.


“That's quite enough,” another voice said, equally strong and assured. I couldn't quite put a name to it, but I knew I'd heard it before. “You three,” it commanded, “Stand away from them.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.