Sunday 10 June 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 31


“Well, I don't think there's any point going any further,” Robert says to himself, looking at the pile of rubble that was once a cottage. “Except I can't help but feel like something doesn't want me to.”

Another strange memory occurs to him. “Chance is your friend,” he says, pulling a coin from his pocket. “Heads I press on, and tails I head for the trees.” With that, he flips the coin into the air.

At that moment the breeze turns into a gust, catching the coin and spinning it away from him, while the innocent laughter becomes a horrifying scream. Robert covers both ears with his hands to block out the noise.
   
Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.