Saturday 23 June 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 44


“I believe that we have, m'lady” Strauss tells her as Curly climbs on top of Larry, followed by Mo climbing up and standing on both of them.

“Why would the Weave need an air conditioning system?”

“It is not so much that it is needed,” Strauss replies, as Mo places hat on head and the liquid cape flows over all three. “Simply that it exists in the human psyche. If it is there, then it is here, somewhere.”

“And you knew it would lead you to me?”

“It is safe to say, m'lady, that I know more than I should about the...” Strauss pauses, searching for a word, “What you might call 'infrastructure' of the Weave.”

“Well, I guess that was lucky for me. Well then, Mister Strauss, where now?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.