Friday 29 June 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 50


“Why is that?” I asked. “Why are these accounts not to be trusted?”

Oak looked at me with ancient eyes. “Because they are given by agents who have entered the Weave. An agent only enters the Weave when invited, or when they have renounced the Forest. The Weave is unlikely to invite its enemy in for a nice cup of tea and a chat. Which means that all we know are the words of traitors.”

“You seem very certain of that.”

“I make a point of speaking to all of those that return.”

“Well what about Raven, then? He was invited.”

“I mean no offence when I tell you this, but I only have your word for that.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.