Saturday 30 June 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 51


“I'm afraid I don't have time,” Raven tells the old woman. “I must find a market.”

“There's no market hereabouts, 'n' night'll draw in soon. You don't want to be abroad in these woods, not at night. Come 'n' rest yourself a while, 'n' give old Nan some company.”

Reluctantly, Raven approaches the cabin. “You live here on your own?” he asks.

“Yes, little birdie,” she replies, “It's just me. You've nothing to fear from me.”

“I'm sure I haven't,” Raven replies. “But I'm lead to believe my company is a dangerous thing.”

“Old Nan's got nothing to fear, not in these woods. Come 'n' sit, you'll be safe here.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.